Lettings Agent / Negotiator
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the Lettings Negotiator would help develop the business through maximising room lettings(according to monthly targets), reducing turnover and void and getting lets as necessary to a successful completion, using effective communication and people skills to ensure a professional image is displayed to the customer.
The agent will also be required to help promote and sell other related services.
Responsibilities also include developing and maintaining relationships with corporate customers.
To deputise for the Sales Manager on Lettings activity in his/her absence, providing leadership through example, and to control and motivate staff so that their potential is achieved and the business is driven forward.
You report to:
1. To ensure a friendly, helpful, honest and efficient attitude is maintained when dealing with the public, face-to-face over the telephone so as to enhance the professional image of the Nice Group and provide a high quality of service.
2. To ensure that all telephone enquiries are dealt with effectively and to report back any problems or complaints to the Letting Manager or Line Manager in their absence.
3. To ensure the appearance, manners and approach of staff create the right impression.
4. To assist the Letting Manager in ensuring and in monitoring all office systems, making sure they are being utilised to the full so that the office runs efficiently and smoothly.
5. To register and record details of applicants and their requirements, to judge their immediate suitability as potential tenants and to amend records as requirements change or applicants are suited. To help negotiators in the above.
6. To actively encourage applicants to view suitable properties through constant communication and by arranging suitable accompanied or unaccompanied viewings.
7. To contact the applicant after viewing and take follow-up action i.e. what the applicant liked or disliked about the property so that we can more accurately meet their requirements.
8. To keep yourself and the negotiators updated on all properties on the register.
9. To be aware of Company standards and regulations as outlined in the Staff Handbook.
10. To follow the Company requirements and guidelines with regard to the use of Company cars.
11. To be aware of your personal targets as given to you and to always seek to achieve and exceed these on a weekly/monthly basis.
12. In the absence of the Letting Manger, to held daily weekly meetings for the staff so that the business is directed and staff aware of what is expected of them.
13. To be held accountable within the management role for success/failure of business.
14. To continue to actively seek for oneself to improve your knowledge of the business and your personal and management skills.
15. Have a knowledge of the IT Systems in use in the Lords Group, their security and an ability to access all stored data in absence of other staff.